The Alumni Garden was constructed to mark the 70th anniversary of our school in 2020. The area at the front of the school features a long pathway with personalised pavers which have been purchased by former students, families and staff in addition to a beautiful gazebo and a collection over 60 standard roses and a boxed hedge.
The Alumni Garden also features the two remaining pieces of the Towers Mansion that sat on this site before the construction of the school in the late 1940s. A replica of the commemorative plaque, struck to mark the opening of the school in 1950 has been placed on one of these pieces and a second plaque, to mark the opening of the Alumni Garden in 2020, has been placed on the other historical sandstone piece.
Each year the school welcomes back former students, often as part of reunions. As a result of these visits, a number of graduating classes have made donations to the school to further enhance the Alumni Garden. These contributions include the purchasing of additional seating and sandstone blocks to provide a wonderful amenity for past, current and future students at Penrith Selective High School.