Penrith Selective High School (abbreviated to PSHS) is an academically selective, public, co-educational secondary school located in Penrith, a Western Suburb of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
Established in 1950 and designated as an academically selective high school in 1989, it is operated by the New South Wales Department of Education. The school currently caters for approximately 925 students from Years 7 to 12.
Penrith High School began as an intermediate school in the 1930s, occupying the land adjacent to the school's current location (the present day Penrith Public School). During that time, the land that Penrith High School currently occupies was the site of a mansion known by locals as 'The Towers'. During the 1940s, the mansion and the land it occupied was sold to the Department of Education, who subsequently demolished the mansion and built the High School.
Two of the original foundations of the mansion have been preserved and remain in the school grounds. Additionally, the original plaque commemorating the opening of Penrith Intermediate School has been transferred into the present school grounds, where it currently resides in the school's archives. In commemoration of 'The Towers' mansion, the annual school magazine which has been published since 1950 and the quarterly alumni magazine go by the same name.
Penrith Selective High School has a demonstrated history of academic success particularly in the Higher School Certificate. The classes of 2017 and 2018 equaled the school's best ever HSC results with the class of 2010. The school is currently ranked 27th in the NSW HSC. In 2018 over 90 students received an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) of over 90 and the median ATAR has increased to 91.95 in 2018.